|PTA||General Contact Infoemail@example.com|
|Vice President||Leslie Leighfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Volunteer Coordinator||Chris Mitchell|
Harris Teeter – Link your VIC card to LMS PTA! Promo Code - #6498 either online or in store. We earn $$ just for you
shopping at your favorite grocery store!
Calling all volunteers! We need you! Contact us for more
information on how you can help out your PTA and school!
Box Tops have gone digital! Download the app to your phone or visit the website to find out more information on how you can
still collect Box Tops for your school!
Look for weekly updates regarding LMS PTA in Dr. Dennie's weekly smore.
Follow the LMS PTA Facebook Page for updates this summer.
LMS PTA Accomplishments:
- Provided grants to LMS to purchase 3 benches and 2 basketball goals.
- Purchased desserts for LMS Art Show and cupcakes for 8th Grade Dance.
- Purchased snacks and drinks for 6th Grade Movie Night in August.
- Purchased 12 month Brain Pop Subscription for students to use at LMS as well as home.
- Provided grant to LMS to help pay for Spring Musical.
- Purchased Scholastic Subscription for teachers to use in classrooms.
- Purchased agenda books for all students at the start of each school year.
- Paid for movie licensing fee.
- Sponsored 3 dances and provided a safe, fun environment for LMS Students.
- Sponsored Teacher Appreciation events throughout the school year.
- Coordinated volunteers for events at the school throughout the year.
- Ran the copy center for the teachers.
- Coordinated the beautification committee that helped maintain the flower beds in the school courtyard by pulling weeds and replacing mulch.
- Purchased new umbrellas and ponchos for LMS Staff.
- Purchased refrigerator to keep in PTA Closet to keep drinks cold for dances.
- Purchased “Learn to Type” program license for LMS and all students to use at school and home.
- Purchased eBooks for the Media Center.
- Sponsored several cultural arts programs: Anti-Bullying Campaign, Prismatic Magic Laser Light Show, Spinny Johnson (of the Harlem Globetrotters).
- Partnered with LMS to purchase new audio-visual equipment for the auditorium.
- Purchased new logo mats for the school entrance.
- Helped purchase new technology equipment for the classrooms.
- Purchased sports mats for the P.E. Department.
- Purchased playground/sports equipment for each grade level.
How can I stay informed of volunteer opportunities?
Email from LMS PTA – By joining LMS PTA, your name and email will be added to our email distribution list. Emails are sent from our Gmail account. If you would like to be removed from this email distribution list, please reply or send an email to our Gmail. Please be aware that you will no longer receive any emails from LMS PTA.
All volunteers must complete a background check through SMCPS (required by SMCPS, not LMS PTA). It will take about 2 weeks to get approved. You must sign up to be an approved volunteer every year.
Please view the St. Mary's County Public School's Safety & Security page to learn more about registering as an SMCPS volunteer.
All LMS PTA dances will be held from 6:00-8:00 PM in the LMS Gym and Cafeteria.
The school also hosts 4 other dances throughout the year that are held directly after
school and are fundraisers for a specific department within LMS. Those dances are not
put on the PTA. If for any reason school is canceled, then the dance will also be
For each dance, the PTA hires a DJ with lights, provides security, and sells drinks, pizza,
candy, and trinkets (glow items, hats, sunglasses, etc.). Tickets to the dances
(wristbands) are sold the day of the dance in homeroom for $5 or they can be
purchased at the door the night of the dance (they do not get a wristband if they pay at
the door). Since this is our primary fundraiser, the PTA asks for soda, Gatorade, bottled
water, and candy donations from parents the week before the dance and then purchase
anything that is still needed the day of the dance. In the past, the dances have been the
PTA's primary fundraiser and we have provided many items for the school such as
audio equipment and microphones used in the cafeteria for plays and assemblies, apps,
and eBooks for the Media Center, agendas for the students and much more.
At the dances, the students hang out more than dance in the gym and cafeteria but are
not allowed anywhere else in the school. They have fun socializing and acting like kids,
but of course, have to be supervised. The dances are a great way for the kids to have
fun in a safe, supervised environment and for them to visit with friends they don't get to
see every day. Therefore, we MUST have at least 20-25 parent volunteers/chaperones at
each dance. If we do not get the volunteers, then we will be forced to cancel the dance.
As with any school-sponsored event, all volunteers have to register and be approved
with St. Mary’s County Public Schools.
The LMS PTA Teacher Appreciation Committee sponsors several events each year including a Back to School Lunch in August, a Holiday Tea in December, Teacher Appreciation Week each May, and other events decided on by the committee each year.
If you have ideas for Teacher appreciation please let us know!
Sign up to join the PTA now!